Executive Land Management Course
Principles of holistic land management and regenerative mind-set for decision-makers, executives and policy makers. This is a corporate leadership experience in the Karoo enabling decision-makers to experience and apply holistic and regenerative thinking.
1. Corporate groups.
2. Family Farm businesses
3. NGO’s and Government decision makers
5 days. Monday to Friday.
To equip the participant with basic knowledge regarding regenerative land management within their holistic decision-making framework.
Herding Academy Cerificate.
Roland Kroon and Johan Bouwer
- Creation of Holistic Context
- Holistic Decision Making and the Feedback loop
- 4 Missing Keys
- Ecosystem Foundation Blocks
- Reading the landscape based on the ecosystem Processes.
- Understanding landscape from Ecosystem Processes
- Soil Food Web
- Plant and Animal Physiology and health.
- Introduction to planned grazing
- Biological Planning
- Holistic Planned Grazing – in detail
- 7 Principles of Grazing Management
- Drought Management.
- Low Stress Stock Handling
- Land Planning - Mapping
- Practical knowledge of Ruminant Nutrition
- Management Tools in Practice
- Rest – Total / Partial
- Animal Impact
- Herd Effect
- Business Management
- Business Cash Flow Budgeting
- Marketing – The livestock market cycle
- Personal Finance
- Personal/ Social Growth
- Introduction to Personality Profiling
- Personal Goal setting
- Creation of personal vision for the future.